What is Joystick Remote Config?
"The speed of operations, evolution and learning is the primary factor in competitiveness and success."
Joystick is a modern remote configuration & dynamic content platform that allows you to make hot-updates to apps, games and systems without the overhead of code. Our mission is to empower teams to build and operate products more effectively, then iterate faster.
Joystick was built from the frustration of having to wait for code merges, builds and deploys to make simple changes to apps and games. It has grown to be a full operations platform that the whole team can use. Make updates to your app or game minutes rather than days or weeks. Changes go live instantly and are served at scale.
- 📝 Full JSON: Go beyond feature flags. Use full JSON remote configs for content, data, flags or parameters.
- 🔠 Any Config Format: Any string format including JSON, XML, YAML, INI, plain text and more.
- 📁 Asset Management: Manage your assets (banners, Unity asset bundles, etc), serve them over CDN and reference them directly within your configs.
- 🔀 Multiple Environments: natively multi-environment with easy to use sync and diff tools.
- 🎯 Segmentation: Deliver different parameters depending on any custom segmentation.
- 🆎 AB Testing: AB test any parameter with consistent user bucketing; users can be in the same test groups across multiple tests.
- ⏳ Staged Deployments: Rollout changes over time in increments as small as 0.1% of audience.
- ⏰️ Scheduled Changes: Schedule content updates so you don't have to constantly manually make changes at a particular hour.
- ⚙️ Variables and Params: Store and instantly update any parameters for your game or app.
- 🚩 Classic Feature Flags: Simple feature flag configs to turn things on or off.
- 🗄️ Automatic Revision History: Keep a history of changes and audit log; and instantly revert back to previous versions.
- 🔒 Schema Protection: Protect your configs with schemas to ensure you do not get bad inputs.
- 🔗 Webhooks: integrate with other services, Slack, Discord and more
- 🔢 Google Sheets Integration: One-click push from Google Sheets to Joystick so anyone on the team can easily make updates.
- 👥 Permissions and Access Control: Protect your critical configs and production environments.
Get Started in 3 Steps
1. Create a Config
Enter any valid JSON config. We do not restrict you to simple key:value pairs. The config you create is instantly available over API. Any subsequent edits you make are instantly available. We keep a full history of revisions that you can revert to with one click.
2. Create an API Key
An API Key allows you to get your content from an environment.
3. Get the Config via API from Your App or Game
We have SDKs!
With your API in hand, you are ready to get your config over REST API.
Replace the :contentId indicated with the Config ContentId you created (If you are following the example, the ContentId is simply "
greetings"). The :contentId is not case sensitive.
Your content is returned as the "data" object in the response body. The additional parameters are for segmentation and ab testing; they can be optionally turned off. Take a look at our API Reference for other options.
Supercharge Your Team
Manage all of your configurations in one place, and access them from your application or game with one easy-to-use REST API.
- No per-seat charges: We think the entire team should be involved and do not have a "per-seat" charge.
- Natively multi-environment: Joystick is natively multi-environment. Create as many as you need for your team and workflow.
- Painless distribution at scale: Joystick edge-caches your remote configs so they are available on-demand with low latency.
- Experiment all you want: Any config managed in Joystick can be easily segmented and ab-tested.
- Safe updates: Schemas help you protect the integrity of your configs and ensure you do not get bad inputs.
- Advanced workflow management: Multi-config change review, revision history, advanced cross-environment sync tools, granular permissions and more.
- Integrations: Webhooks, Approved Google Sheets™ -> Joystick Add-on, APIs for you to update configs and more...
Get a Sandbox Account
Equip your team with rocket boosters. Get a sandbox account today .